IMPORTANT NOTES TO ALL APPLICANTS:
The South African Consulate in Perth only provides fingerprinting, document certification and signature witnessing services, and accepts visa applications, but DOES NOT PROCESS ANY APPLICATIONS. Please see below for more information on application/ document processing (inquiries about processing times should also be directed to the relevant authorities/ institutions):
- All completed passport and identification card applications will need to be forwarded at the applicant's expense to the South African High Commission in Canberra for processing.
- All completed South African Police Clearance applications will need to be forwarded at the applicant's expense to the South African Police Service in Pretoria for processing (or via the applicant's agents).
- All other completed documents will need to be forwarded to the relevant authorities/ institutions in South Africa at the applicant's expense for further processing.
- All completed visa applications are received and forwarded by the Consulate in Perth to the South African High Commission in Canberra for processing and approval.
The South African Consulate in Perth is the only institution authorised by the South African High Commission in Canberra to provide fingerprinting services to South African citizens in the state of Western Australia, and to citizens of other countries currently domiciling in Western Australia for South African purposes. Fingerprints are mainly taken for South African passport and identification card applications and renewals, and also for South African Police Clearance applications.
Fingerprints are taken by appointment only, and applicants are encouraged to consult the relevant authorities (e.g., the South African High Commission, the South African Police Service, Department of Home Affairs, etc.) for further instructions prior to contacting the Consulate to make an appointment. Please note that an administration fee is charged for all fingerprinting appointments.
All passport and identification card applicants over the age of 16 are required to get in touch with the South African High Commission in Canberra to obtain a barcoded BI-9 Finger Print form, which cannot be downloaded/ copied, in addition to other forms/ documents required (please refer to the passport section of their website for instructions and contact details).
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR FINGERPRINT FORMS TO ANY POLICE STATION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA, AS WA POLICE DOES NOT PROVIDE THIS SERVICE.
The Honorary Consul, Mr Bill Repard, is empowered to certify/ authenticate copies of and witness signatures on documents for use in South Africa. Copies of South African documents for use in other countries can also be certified/ authenticated if permission is granted by the relevant country's authorities. Applicants are required to confirm this before proceeding to book an appointment with the Consulate.
This service is offered on appointment basis, and a priority administration fee may be charged for urgent appointment bookings.
Information on children travelling to South Africa and Parental Consent Affidavit can be found on the South African High Commission's homepage under the heading 'Important'.
Information on Apostilles can be found on the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's website.
The Consulate can accept applications for visas that can be applied using form DHA-84 as listed on the South African High Commission’s Visa page under the heading ‘Visa Categories’, which include the following visa types (please note that the types of visa our Consulate can accept applications for are subject to change without notice):
1) HOLIDAY/ SOCIAL/ EDUCATIONAL/ MEDICAL VISIT FOR A PERIOD OF UP TO 90 (NINETY) DAYS (NOT INCLUDING VOLUNTEERING), AND
2) BUSINESS VISIT FOR A PERIOD OF UP TO 1 (ONE) YEAR (NOT INCLUDING WORK/ BUSINESS PERMIT/ VISA FOR WORKING FOR A SOUTH AFRICAN EMPLOYER/ BUSINESS).
Visa applications are accepted by appointment only. An administration fee is charged for all visa applications lodged at the Consulate, which incorporates costs associated with forwarding applications by courier to the South African High Commission in Canberra.
APPLICATIONS FOR ANY OTHER VISA TYPE MUST BE MADE IN PERSON AT THE SOUTH AFRICAN HIGH COMMISSION IN CANBERRA. Please contact the South African High Commission in Canberra or our office to ascertain if application for the type of visa you require can be accepted by the Consulate in Perth.
South African citizens requiring information on Australian visa requirements are advised to consult the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection's website for information.