What to do & what to bring on your fingerprint appointment day
Please note that appointments can only be requested by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
(NOTE OUR 2-BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE TIME - Priority appointment is available for an additional cost, which must be requested at the time you e-mail us requesting an appointment by typing the word ‘PRIORITY’ on your e-mail subject line)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONSULATE DOES NOT PROCESS YOUR APPLICATIONS. PLEASE REFER TO THE 'SERVICES' SECTION FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET YOUR APPLICATIONS PROCESSED.
Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes early, as the Consulate can be fully booked and as you will need to complete additional form(s) on arrival. Latecomers may need to re-book and return on another day.
As a courtesy, please contact the Consulate if you are unable to keep your appointment. The Consulate reserves the right to refuse service for repeated no shows.
ALL FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AT THE CONSULATE USING BLACK PEN ONLY.
1) Please refer to the following links for a list of forms and documents you will need to complete and bring to the Consulate on your appointment day; additionally, you must also bring a government issued identification document that shows your signature if your passport does not contain your signature:
- PASSPORT APPLICATION: http://sahc.org.au/passports.htm
- IDENTIFICATION CARD APPLICATION/ RE-APPLICATION: http://sahc.org.au/citizenship.htm
- POLICE CLEARANCE APPLICATION: https://www.saps.gov.za/services/applying_clearence_certificate.php PLUS a valid passport (South African if available), or expired passport and current Australian driver's licence (no photos required) and completed South African Police Service Enquiry form from https://www.dropbox.com/s/un0tnr24kcuplka/Police%20Clearance%20Fingerprint%20Form%20SAPS91a.pdf?dl=0
2) Please note that one appointment is for one person only (e.g., a family of 2 adults and 2 children all requiring their fingerprints taken at the same time must request 4 separate appointments). Applicants without appointment may need to book and return on another day.
3) Please bring photocopy of all the documents that required to be copied and certified. If possible, please photocopy multiple sides/ pages of one document onto a single side of paper. One copy per document is normally sufficient, unless you are required to provide additional copies. Copies of your original documents will be certified by our Consulate staff as part of the fingerprinting process. Photocopying/ printing at the Consulate is charged at $1 per page.
4) Please note that original documents must be shown to the Consulate officer on the day of appointment, as the Consulate will only certify copy of documents when the originals have been sighted.
5) Depending on your type of appointment, a set of photos maybe required. Please refer to links on Point 1 above for photo specification requirements and the number of photos required. Please ensure that all photos are identical.
6) Please bring a self-addressed prepaid Express Post small 500gr satchel (waterproof) or Express Post large B4 envelope (not waterproof) for return of your documents (one envelope/ satchel per family is acceptable). No other types of postal products, including Registered Post envelopes, are accepted for return of documents. Note that Australia Post Express Post services are now trackable.
7) Please refer to the e-mail we sent you for the amount of administration fee payable for your appointment and accepted methods of payment.