What to do & what to bring on your signing appointment day
Please note that appointments can only be requested by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
(NOTE OUR 2-BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE TIME - Priority appointment is available for an additional cost, which must be requested at the time you e-mail us requesting an appointment by typing the word ‘PRIORITY’ on your e-mail subject line)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONSULATE DOES NOT PROCESS YOUR DOCUMENTS. PLEASE REFER TO THE 'SERVICES' SECTION FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET YOUR DOCUMENTS PROCESSED.
Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes early, as the Consulate can be fully booked and as you will need to complete additional form(s) on arrival. Latecomers may need to re-book and return on another day.
As a courtesy, please contact the Consulate if you are unable to keep your appointment. The Consulate reserves the right to refuse service for repeated no shows.
ALL FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AT THE CONSULATE USING BLACK PEN ONLY.
1) As the Consulate provides document certification/ witnessing services for various situations, applicants are required to confirm with the relevant authorities as to the types of documents needed for their particular situation, as the Consulate is unable to assist with this.
2) Please bring all the documents that require certification and/ or witnessing along with their photocopy if certification of copy is required. If possible, please photocopy multiple sides/ pages of one document onto a single side of paper. One copy per document is normally sufficient, unless you are required to provide additional copies. Photocopying/ printing at the Consulate is charged at $1 per page.
3) In addition to the above, please bring your valid passport (South African if available) and Australian driver's licence showing your current Australian address. Additionally, other official proof of current Australian address in your name, such as bank statement/ utility bill, is acceptable if you do not possess an Australian driver's licence. Please provide photocopy of these documents.
4) Please note that original documents must be shown to the Consulate officer on the day of appointment, as the Consulate will only certify copy of documents when the originals have been sighted.
5) For parental consent form witnessing, both parents are normally required to attend the Consulate, as signatures of both parents will need to be witnessed.
6) Please refer to the e-mail we sent you for the amount of administration fee that maybe payable for your appointment and accepted methods of payment.